Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our baby went to SCHOOL!



Our little girl went to her first day of Preschool. She was excited about her day and looking forward to all that she would learn. Her highlights were, painting and music (hmm...I wonder who she will take after) and of course recess. I think it was harder on me leaving her this morning than it was for her. We are thrilled to have her in Preschool, the school is really wonderful.




Her teacher read the story “The Kissing Hand” and she learned all about a little raccoon named Chester. Chester was really worried about starting school! He didn’t want to leave his mom and was worried about all the new things that would happen at school. His mom told him a special secret-the kissing hand-that would help him feel safe and loved at school. His mom kissed his hand right in the middle of his palm. If Chester ever felt sad or lonely, all he had to do was press his hand to his cheek and he’d remember the special kiss his mom had given him. It is a really sweet story!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Blayne's teacher did that same story on the first day. They made a cute little hand cut out paper to go with it. It is a sweet story. I was volunteering in the classroom that day and I heard her reading it...sweet. Little Miss is growing up!